Our commercial real estate lending strategy originates-to-hold first lien mortgages on transitional properties
- Vertically-integrated platform driven by a regimented credit process, quantitative modeling of individual loans and the firsthand involvement of our team throughout deals to help inform investment decisions
- Seasoned investment team with deep experience sourcing, underwriting, closing and asset managing loans with similar credit profile throughout different market cycles
- Proprietary data and analytics1 provide differentiated insights and modeling of comprehensive scenario-based analytical analysis to inform underwriting, loan structuring and pricing
|Loan Size||$10 to $75 million collateralized by institutional quality CRE assets|
|Loan Type||Floating rate, senior loans on middle market property acquisitions and refinances backed by value-add investment strategy|
|Asset Types|| |
Primary sectors: Office, retail, multifamily, industrial, mixed-use and hotel properties
Other potential sectors: self-storage, student housing, and single family rental portfolios.
|Geography||Markets across the United States|
|Loan Term||Estimated: 2 to 5 years|
|Loan To Value/Loan To Cost||Up to 75% LTV/LTC|
|Debt Service Coverage Ratio Requirements||Existing DSCRs below 1.0x are acceptable|
|Loan Fees||Typically 1 to 1.5%|
Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Christopher Kelly Head of Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Abbe Franchot Borok Head of Originations, Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Gabe Boyar Originations
Transitional Lending - The Sweet Spot in CRE Investing
White Paper - March 2017Click Here to Download
This paper examines the risk-reward associated with investing in stabilized/non-stabilized CRE, and argues that low leverage loans backed by transitional properties are the sweet spot for CRE investing in the current environment.
1 - Provided through Amherst InsightLabs (“AIL”). Amherst Capital has an exclusive license with AIL in the asset management industry. AIL is an affiliate of Amherst Holdings, LLC.