The Firm ▼
- VP, OriginationsCommercial Real Estate Lending
- Location: New York, NY
The Vice President, Originations will be part of the Commercial Real Estate Lending team and will be responsible for the origination and qualification of first-lien real estate loan transactions in line with the investment strategy. The Vice President will have a material business-wide impact, as his or her contribution to the investment process will be key to early stage growth. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Originations.
- Developing and maintaining a network of external CRE investor relationships on behalf of the CRE Originations team;
- Leading the origination and execution of debt investment opportunities, including analyzing, underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial real estate loans;
- Management of the financial analysis, valuation, and financial modeling of investments;
- Generating internal approval memoranda for presentation to senior management;
- Supporting wider CRE team members in deal/credit negotiations;
- Attending trade shows and other internal/external events such that the firm's relationships expand and strengthen;
- Completing other ad-hoc duties as required.
- BA/BS required; background in Economics/Finance and advanced qualifications (MBA/CFA) preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience in CRE loan origination and transaction management required; experience in an asset manager, hedge fund, investment bank or private equity firm strongly preferred;
- Experience in financial modeling;
- Knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and valuation analysis;
- Strong analytical & business writing skills incl. synthesizing data & organizing credit memos;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.