The Firm ▼
444 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
5001 Plaza on the Lake
Austin, TX 78746
15 Broad Street
Boston, MA 02109
4445 Willard Ave #600
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Managing Director, Originations
Gabriel Boyar is a Managing Director at Amherst Capital Management, responsible for origination of first mortgage debt on all types of commercial real estate. He has over 20 years of experience in real estate finance and investment.
Prior to joining Amherst Capital, Gabe was the owner and Managing Principal of Columbia River Capital Advisors. At Columbia River, he served as the full time exclusive advisor to a prominent NYC family that owns a substantial real estate portfolio. At Columbia River, Mr. Boyar provided advice related to sales, acquisitions, financings and 1031 exchange opportunities.
Prior to starting Columbia River, Gabe was the leading revenue producer in New York City for CapitalSource Finance LLC. At CapitalSource, Mr. Boyar specialized in on-balance sheet real estate lending on all types of transitional properties. Representative transactions included pre–construction financing on numerous development parcels in New York City, construction financing on all property types and first mortgage financing on properties that required significant capital infusion to re-establish themselves in their respective marketplaces.
Prior to joining CapitalSource, Gabe worked at UBS where Gabe closed transactions that included both high leverage first mortgage loans and equity investments. Gabe was also the Senior Vice President of Acquisitions for Brickman Associates where he led the Firm’s acquisition effort and helped raise its first opportunity fund. He was a Vice President with Nomura Capital during the infancy of the CMBS mortgage loan business and an attorney with Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Gabe holds an MS in Real Estate from New York University, a JD from the Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School at Yeshiva University and a BS from Cornell University.
Abbe Franchot Borok
Head of Investment Management, CRE & Debt Strategies
Abbe Franchot Borok is a Managing Director and Head of Investment Management, CRE & Debt Strategies at Amherst Capital Management. In this role, Abbe is responsible for the day to day management of the CRE Lending Business, all private debt investment strategies, and oversight of the team that executes all public and private debt financing across the Amherst platform.
Prior to joining Amherst Capital, Abbe was a senior member of the CRE Lending team at CapitalSource, the national lending division of Pacific Western Bank. Abbe has broad experience in sourcing and underwriting commercial real estate debt, with a focus on interim senior loans backing transitional or value add business plans. Prior to CapitalSource, Abbe held various positions in marketing and brand management.
Abbe holds an MBA in finance from Columbia University and a BA in Communications from the University of Pennsylvania and is a member of several real estate organizations including ULI, CREFC, Bisnow, PEWIN and ICSC.
|Loan Size||$10 to $125 million collateralized by institutional quality CRE assets|
|Loan Type||Floating rate, senior loans on middle market property acquisitions and refinances backed by value-add investment strategy|
|Asset Types|| |
Primary sectors: Office, retail, multifamily, industrial, mixed-use and hotel properties
Other potential sectors: self-storage, student housing, and single family rental portfolios.
|Geography||Markets across the United States|
|Loan Term||Estimated: 2 to 5 years|
|Loan To Value/Loan To Cost||Up to 75% LTV/LTC|
|Debt Service Coverage Ratio Requirements||Existing DSCRs below 1.0x are acceptable|
|Loan Fees||Typically 1 to 1.5%|
Vice President, Originations
Joe Herzog is a Vice President within the Originations group for the Commercial Real Estate Lending business at Amherst Capital. In this role, Joe is responsible for assisting with the origination of mortgage debt on all types of commercial real estate assets.
Prior to joining Amherst Capital, Joe worked at Prudential in various functions within their Real Estate platforms on both the debt and equity side. Most recently, Joe worked within Prudential Mortgage Capital’s conduit business, responsible for the underwriting and loan sale of mortgage investments on all property types.
Joe holds an MBA in finance and accounting from Fordham University and a BA in Finance and Information Systems from Villanova University. Joe also holds the CFA® designation.
(1) As of June 30, 2020. AUM includes gross assets managed in the commercial real estate strategy.
Amherst Capital is a real estate investment specialist offering traditional and alternative strategies to institutional clients in the public and private real estate credit markets. Amherst Capital manages $2.4 billion of assets1 across private credit and public markets.
Information We Collect
Names, addresses, physical characteristics or description, unique personal identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).|| |
Names, signatures, Social Security numbers, physical characteristics or description, addresses, telephone numbers, passport numbers, driver’s licenses or state identification card numbers, , educational information, employment, employment history, or any other financial information.
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, and information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Job applications, resumes, and CVs .|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profiles about a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes|
Information That is Not Personal Information
- Publicly available information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records
- Consumer information that has been de-identified or aggregated
- Information that is excluded from coverage under CCPA, including:
- Medical or health information governed by the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act or clinical trial data and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994. Most of the information collected in connection with your application for a loan, the processing and underwriting of that loan, and the servicing of that loan, is covered by these exceptions.
Sources From Which We Collect Personal Information
- Directly from you. For example, from loan applications you complete or other services you purchase from us.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our computer system, website, or mobile applications, among other things.
- From our parent entities, affiliates, subsidiaries and partners;
- From third parties that are authorized to share your information with us, such as intermediaries, broker dealers, our institutional clients and service providers; and
- From publicly available sources of information.
Use of Personal Information
- To complete the transaction, or provide the product or service, for which we collected the personal information, and to fulfil or meet the obligations associated with the transaction, product and service.
- To comply with our anti-money laundering obligations under applicable laws. We will process certain personal information about you (or use a third party such to do so) to permit us to meet legal obligations or to pursue our interests in relation to, the prevention of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions-prohibited actions, bribery, corruption, and/or tax evasion, on an on-going basis.
- To investigate and prevent fraud; to detect, prevent, investigate and prosecute crime; and to enforce or defend our rights.
- To carry out statistical analysis and market research.
- To provide you with information about products and services we offer that may be of interest to you.
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- To perform debugging in order to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- To undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- To undertake activities to verify, maintain, improve, upgrade, or enhance the quality or safety of our services
Sharing Personal Information
- Parent entities, affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Service providers.
- Governmental agencies when required by applicable law, such as the Internal Revenue Service, or when necessary to complete your transactions, such as with recorders’ offices.
- Data aggregators.
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Service providers.
Your Rights and Choices
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information.
- The personal information we collected about you.
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the categories of personal information that we disclosed
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contractual obligations.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising your Access and Deletion Rights
- Calling us at: 1-(833)-496-0298
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting: amherstcapital.com
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person as to whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Abbe Franchot Borok Head of Investment Management, CRE & Debt Strategies
- Brad Donaldson Head of Underwriting and Transaction Management
- Joe Herzog Vice President, Originations
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Karen Gemmett Head of Mortgage Backed Securities & Lead Portfolio Manager
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling