Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
Laurie Goodman is the Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics at Amherst Capital Management. In this capacity, Laurie works closely with Amherst Capital’s in-house research team to provide guidance and help drive thematic research, idea generation and support investment and hedging strategies for Amherst Capital on an exclusive advisory basis.
Laurie remains dedicated to her full-time position as Co-Director of the Housing Finance Policy Center at the Urban Institute. The purpose of the Center is to provide policymakers with data-driven analyses of housing finance policy issues that they can depend on for relevance, accuracy, and independence.
Prior to joining Urban in 2013, Laurie spent 30 years as an analyst and research department manager at a number of Wall Street firms. From 2008 to 2013, she was a senior managing director at Amherst Securities Group, LP, where her strategy effort became known for its analysis of housing finance policy issues. From 1993 to 2008, Laurie was head of global fixed income research and manager of US securitized products research at UBS and predecessor firms, which were ranked number one by Institutional Investor for 11 straight years. Before that, she was a senior fixed income analyst, a mortgage portfolio manager, and a senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. She was inducted into the Fixed Income Analysts Hall of Fame in 2009.
Laurie is on the board of directors of MFA Financial, and is a member of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Financial Advisory Roundtable, the Fannie Mae Affordable Housing Advisory Council and served on the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Housing Commission. She has published more than 200 journal articles and has coauthored and coedited five books.
Laurie has a BA in mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania and an MA and PhD in economics from Stanford University.
1. Provided through a consulting agreement with Amherst Capital
The Firm ▼
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Brad Donaldson Chief Financial Officer, Commercial Real Estate Debt
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Gillian Cho Chief Operating Officer, Investment Management
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- David Schwarz Head of Commercial Real Estate Strategies
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling
- Thu Vo Senior Financial Modeler