The Firm ▼
Head of Mortgage Backed Securities & Lead Portfolio Manager
Karen Gemmett is the Head of Mortgage Backed Securities and Lead Portfolio Manager at Amherst Capital Management. In this role, she is responsible for leading the broader investment team and driving strategy. She specializes in residential mortgage backed securities research and analysis.
Karen has more than 18 years of investment experience and joined Amherst Capital from Standish Mellon Asset Management Company, LLC, where she spent 11 years. Most recently Karen served as a Structured Finance and Mortgage Strategist at Standish, responsible for security selection of residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS). Prior to Standish, Karen worked at Columbia Management Group where she was responsible for RMBS research.
Karen has a BS from Penn State University and holds the CFA® designation.
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Abbe Franchot Borok Head of Originations, Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Brad Donaldson Head of Underwriting and Transaction Management
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Karen Gemmett Head of Mortgage Backed Securities & Lead Portfolio Manager
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Craig Krandel Managing Director, Capital Formation and Financing
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling