The Firm ▼
Gabriel Boyar is a Managing Director at Amherst Capital Management, responsible for origination of first mortgage debt on all types of commercial real estate. He has over 20 years of experience in real estate finance and investment.
Prior to joining Amherst Capital, Gabe was the owner and Managing Principal of Columbia River Capital Advisors. At Columbia River, he served as the full time exclusive advisor to a prominent NYC family that owns a substantial real estate portfolio. At Columbia River, Mr. Boyar provided advice related to sales, acquisitions, financings and 1031 exchange opportunities.
Prior to starting Columbia River, Gabe was the leading revenue producer in New York City for CapitalSource Finance LLC. At CapitalSource, Mr. Boyar specialized in on-balance sheet real estate lending on all types of transitional properties. Representative transactions included pre–construction financing on numerous development parcels in New York City, construction financing on all property types and first mortgage financing on properties that required significant capital infusion to re-establish themselves in their respective marketplaces.
Prior to joining CapitalSource, Gabe worked at UBS where Gabe closed transactions that included both high leverage first mortgage loans and equity investments. Gabe was also the Senior Vice President of Acquisitions for Brickman Associates where he led the Firm’s acquisition effort and helped raise its first opportunity fund. He was a Vice President with Nomura Capital during the infancy of the CMBS mortgage loan business and an attorney with Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Gabe holds an MS in Real Estate from New York University, a JD from the Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School at Yeshiva University and a BS from Cornell University.
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Abbe Franchot Borok Head of Originations, Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Brad Donaldson Head of Underwriting and Transaction Management
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Karen Gemmett Head of Mortgage Backed Securities & Lead Portfolio Manager
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Craig Krandel Managing Director, Capital Formation and Financing
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling