Head of Asset Management
David Skoien is a Director and Head of Asset Management for the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Lending business at Amherst Capital Management. In this role, Dave is responsible for developing the CRE lending policies and procedures, overseeing the management of the CRE loan portfolio and on-going reporting of portfolio performance.
Prior to joining Amherst Capital, Dave was a SVP, Portfolio Manager from 2014 – 2015 responsible for overseeing the CRE, Multifamily, Construction, and Lender Finance real estate portfolios at CapitalSource, a division of Pacific Western Bank. The portfolios included loans with aggregate commitments of ~$3.0B and various employment responsibilities required management of a ten employee department, maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies and procedures, and strategizing and implementing the resolution of non-performing loans and REO assets through various disposition and recovery strategies. Dave joined CapitalSource in 2005, and throughout his tenure managed senior and mezzanine CRE, construction, multifamily, lender finance, captive auto, resort, and healthcare real estate loans in the CRE, Lender Finance, and Healthcare RE portfolio management departments.
Dave has a BA in Economics from Duke University and over 10 years of CRE lending experience.
The Firm ▼
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Brad Donaldson Chief Financial Officer, Commercial Real Estate Debt
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Gillian Cho Chief Operating Officer, Investment Management
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- David Schwarz Head of Commercial Real Estate Strategies
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling
- Thu Vo Senior Financial Modeler