Head of Commercial Real Estate Strategies
David Schwarz is Head of Commercial Real Estate Strategies. In this role, David leads Amherst’s commercial real estate business, further developing the Company’s existing credit business while leveraging Amherst’s industry-leading expertise to launch new products and business segments across both real estate debt and equity.
David joined Amherst from Colony Capital Inc. (now DigitalBridge Group Inc.), where he served most recently as Managing Director and Head of Colony’s expansive Hospitality Platform. David oversaw all functions of the hospitality business, including acquisitions and management of a 245-property portfolio. In previous roles at Colony, David led investment activities for the firm’s series of opportunistic credit funds focused on distressed real estate opportunities. Additionally, David was a board member of RXR Realty, a Colony portfolio company.
Prior to joining Colony, David served as a Principal at Warburg Pincus LLC focused on U.S. real estate opportunities and previously worked at the Carlyle Group.
David holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics with concentrations in Finance and Real Estate from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
The Firm ▼
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Brad Donaldson Chief Financial Officer, Commercial Real Estate Debt
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Gillian Cho Chief Operating Officer, Investment Management
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- David Schwarz Head of Commercial Real Estate Strategies
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling
- Thu Vo Senior Financial Modeler