The Firm ▼
Head of Modeling
CJ Zhao is a Managing Director and Head of Modeling at Amherst Capital. In this role, CJ is responsible for maintaining and updating models used by various organizations within the Amherst family.
Prior to joining Amherst Capital, CJ served as Head of Modeling at Amherst Holdings, where she was responsible for advancing the firm’s capabilities in modeling the U.S. Real Estate and Mortgage market and its underlying risk drivers. Prior to this, CJ held various roles at Fannie Mae including Director of Portfolio Management, Director of Portfolio Risk Analysis and Director of Credit Analytics. CJ started her career as a Senior Quant at Aquila and has close to 18 years of industry experience.
CJ holds a BS in international finance from Nankai University, a MS in economics from Iowa State University and a MS in finance from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Abbe Franchot Borok Head of Originations, Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Brad Donaldson Head of Underwriting and Transaction Management
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Karen Gemmett Head of Mortgage Backed Securities & Lead Portfolio Manager
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Craig Krandel Managing Director, Capital Formation and Financing
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling