Head of Modeling
CJ Zhao is a Managing Director and Head of Modeling at Amherst Capital. In this role, CJ is responsible for maintaining and updating models used by various organizations within the Amherst family.
Prior to joining Amherst Capital, CJ served as Head of Modeling at Amherst Holdings, where she was responsible for advancing the firm’s capabilities in modeling the U.S. Real Estate and Mortgage market and its underlying risk drivers. Prior to this, CJ held various roles at Fannie Mae including Director of Portfolio Management, Director of Portfolio Risk Analysis and Director of Credit Analytics. CJ started her career as a Senior Quant at Aquila and has close to 18 years of industry experience.
CJ holds a BS in international finance from Nankai University, a MS in economics from Iowa State University and a MS in finance from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The Firm ▼
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Brad Donaldson Chief Financial Officer, Commercial Real Estate Debt
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Gillian Cho Chief Operating Officer, Investment Management
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- David Schwarz Head of Commercial Real Estate Strategies
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst
- CJ Zhao Head of Modeling
- Thu Vo Senior Financial Modeler