The Firm ▼
1 - As of June 30,2019 AUM amount includes $434 million of separately managed assets Amherst Capital began managing in March and excludes $4.3 billion of assets that Amherst Capital manages as dual officers of BNY Mellon Asset Management North America for which Amherst Capital will cease to manage following the transaction.
2 - Provided through Amherst InsightLabs (“AIL”). Amherst Capital has an exclusive license with AIL in the asset management industry. AIL is an affiliate of Amherst Holdings, LLC.
Amherst Capital is a real estate investment specialist offering traditional and alternative strategies to institutional clients in the public and private real estate credit markets. Amherst Capital manages $1.8 billion of assets1 across private credit and public markets.
(1) As of June 30, 2019. AUM includes gross assets managed in the commercial real estate strategy, which includes $308 million of leverage.
IREI Sponsor Interview - Abbe Franchot Borok May 2019 (Version 1.0)Uploaded by Michael Jones, 7/3/19 3:44 PM IREI Sponsor Interview - Abbe Franchot Borok May 2019
444 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
5001 Plaza on the Lake
Austin, TX 78746
15 Broad Street
Boston, MA 02109
8045 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182
Chief Technology Innovation Officer, Head of AIL Consulting
Todd Lawrence is the Chief Technology Innovation Officer and Head of AIL Consulting at Amherst. In this role, Todd works with stakeholders to develop innovative technology solutions that drive efficiency and optimize results for the Amherst business units. Todd brings two decades of expertise in IT infrastructure and software development to the organization, combining his technical acumen with a strategic, forward-looking mindset to address complex technology challenges.
Prior to this role, Todd served as SVP of Emerging Technologies for Amherst InsightLabs, CTO for Main Street Renewal and more recently, interim CTO for Bungalo Homes and has been with Amherst for over 17 years and held roles in network engineering, database design and administration, application development, development operations and infrastructure.
Managing Director, Capital Formation and Financing
Craig Krandel is a Managing Director for Amherst’s Capital Formation and Financing group. Craig has been involved in the sourcing of debt facilities for all of the Amherst entities over the past five years. Craig has over 30 years of experience in fixed income sales and trading and real estate related products.
Prior to this role, Craig has been with Amherst for over 10 years in various roles. He was with the securities group covering banks, insurance companies and hedge funds across RMBS and CMBS products, led the Capital Markets group, and built the Single Family Rental business. Prior to Amherst, Craig spent more than 20 years in fixed income sales at Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse First Boston.
Craig has a BBA in Finance from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Sean Dobson Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer
- Sandeep Bordia Head of Research and Analytics
- David Skoien Head of Asset Management
- Christopher Kelly Head of Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Abbe Franchot Borok Head of Originations, Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Brad Donaldson Head of Underwriting and Transaction Management
- Cornel Frunza Director, Investment Operations Manager
- Kevin Messett VP, Asset Management CRE Lending
- Karen Gemmett Head of Mortgage Backed Securities & Lead Portfolio Manager
- Banu Roso Chief Operating Officer
- Jason Rottinger Chief Compliance Officer
- Craig Krandel Managing Director, Capital Formation and Financing
- Laurie Goodman Non-Executive Director of Research and Analytics1
- Brian Streko Funds, Chief Financial Officer
- Jasraj Vaidya Senior Research Analyst
- Aaron Haan Research Analyst