The Firm ▼
- Analyst, OriginationsCommercial Real Estate Lending
- Location: New York, NY
The Analyst will be part of the Commercial Real Estate Lending team and will assist and support the origination and qualification of complex real estate loan transactions. The Analyst will have a material business-wide impact, as his or her contribution to the investment process will be key to early stage growth. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Originations.
- Assisting in the origination and qualification of potential investment opportunities, including analyzing, underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial real estate loans;
- Assisting with the financial analysis, valuation, and financial modeling of investments;
- Generating internal approval memoranda for presentation to senior management;
- Supporting wider CRE team members in deal/credit negotiations;
- Occasionally attending trade shows and other internal/external events such that the firm's relationships expand and strengthen;.
- BA/BS required; background in Economics/Finance and advanced qualifications (MA/PhD/CFA) preferred;
- 2+ years’ experience in CRE loan origination and transaction management required; experience in an asset manager, hedge fund, investment bank or private equity firm strongly preferred;
- Experience in financial modelling;
- Knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and valuation analysis;
- Proficient in Excel and Argus;
- Strong analytical and business writing skills including synthesizing data and organizing credit memos;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
If you’re interested in applying, please contact Banu Roso: BRoso@amherstcapital.com or 212-409-5431.